When your child gets sick or has an injury after normal office hours, you can rest assured that quality care is available. Vanderbilt Children’s After-Hours Clinics offer urgent care for non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries in children of all ages. However, we encourage you to call your pediatrician first.
If your child experiences a serious, life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 right away, or go directly to the closest emergency room.
Why Choose Vanderbilt Children’s After-Hours Clinics
- Highly skilled staff: Our clinics’ board-certified pediatricians have expertise in providing urgent care for children of all ages, including infants.
- Team collaboration: Our pediatricians work closely with specially trained nurses to offer personalized care and meet the unique healthcare needs of your child.
- Convenient care: We are open seven days a week with evening and weekend hours to provide quality care when most pediatric offices are closed. When your child’s doctor is not available, your can still get care from a pediatrician at Children’s Hospital.
- Working together: To ensure your child receives consistent care, we send your child’s pediatrician a report the same evening of your child’s visit.
- Access to ongoing or advanced care: If your child needs follow-up or specialty care, we can help you find a pediatrician or provide a referral to a specialist at Children’s Hospital. Note that our After-Hours Clinics do not offer ongoing care, well-child checkups, follow-up appointments, gynecological care or physicals for school, camp or sports.